- Assesses liver stiffness without invasive investigation in the comfort of the patient’s home
- Offers immediate results when performed by a suitably qualified and experienced individual
- Shows the condition of the liver and allows healthcare professionals to diagnose and monitor disease evolution in conjunction with treatment and collateral factors
- Helps to anticipate various complications, as well as to monitor and assess the damage caused by conditions such as cirrhosis
- Is recognised worldwide as the reference for non-invasive liver diagnosis with more than 2,000 medical publications and 40 guidelines recommendations
- Is a fully managed service which is easy for healthcare professionals and patients
- Offers time-efficiency for both patients and healthcare professionals
- Provides immediate results
- Offers a very simple pricing structure with no capital investment – fee for test only
Alcohol is seen as a major contributor to damaging the liver; however diet and exercise play a significant part in causing non alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and the risk of developing type 2 diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, heart disease, liver cancer and many other liver-related health problems.
The liver plays a central role in keeping the body in equilibrium, a state of balance and harmony. A regular liver scan will allow healthcare professionals to advise patients on the right lifestyle choices to prevent cardio-metabolic conditions.
Our solution aligns with the NHS long-term plan for prevention in primary care, and NICE launched a medtech innovation briefing for assessing liver fibrosis and cirrhosis in primary care with FibroScan® in June 2020.